‘The World Game’ has been tweaked, manipulated and re-invented so that it can be played on a smaller indoor court.
The end result is an exciting, fast-paced version of soccer, with more regular scoring and plenty of opportunity for players to show off some fancy footwork.
If you’ve never seen this version of soccer before, the basics are:
- 4 players per team including the goalkeeper, and up to 4 subs per match.
- No slide tackles and no tackling from behind.
- As with our other sports, the netting surrounding the court means there is no ‘out-of-bounds’, giving players a great workout as play never stops.
- Each keeper has a ‘goal-circle’ surrounding his goal which only he may enter.
- All other players, offensive and defensive, must remain outside this goal-circle.
- Each match consists of 2 x 18 minute halves.
- Substitutions can be made only at half time or following a goal being scored.
What does it cost?
Match Fees: $65.00 per team per match. Full fees are always payable, even if a team has less than 4 players. There is no membership or registration fee.
How can I get started?